Have you considered having / working with Informatica Data Quality? Ever wondered how Informatica data quality could be beneficial when powercenter allows you to profile the data? Answer is "Data Quality" does more than profiling. . It is a single, and highly productive environment for profiling, data cleansing and managing data quality rules.
Lets start with some introduction and basic features of it..
With Informatica Data Quality, an organization can proactively monitor and cleanse the data for all applications and keep it clean. It enable your business to share in the responsibility for data quality.
Lets see some benefits of Informatica Data Quality –
- One tool that acts as a single platform for data quality; No other tools and extra licenses are required; and that slashes license and maintenance costs
- Identify, resolve and prevent data quality problems; Data becomes more trusted
- Effective data profiling and more effective ways to share the profiling rules and results with business; All you need to do is generate a scorecard for the profile and share the URL with business. This enhance trust in business.
- Enhance IT productivity with powerful business-IT collaboration tools and a common data quality project environment
- Develop routines like address standardization, exception handling, data masking and integrate them with PowerCenter to utilize them as components / mapplets; I will discuss more about these routines in future posts
- Universal Connectivity to All Data Sources
- Centralized Data Quality Rules for All Applications
- All rules, reference data, and processes can be reused for all types of data integration projects, including data migration, data consolidation, and MDM.
Lets jump to its features- IDQ is categorized based on the roles one perform; More precisely based on the data ownership and responsibility, you chose one or more from below to work.
Informatica Analyst : Tool for data Quality
- A browser-based tool makes line-of-business managers powerful, business analysts to easily participate in data quality improvement without the need for IT intervention.
- Informatica Analyst enables data profiling and analysis, and it creates data quality scorecards
- Users / Business can readily monitor and share data quality metrics and reports by just publishing a URL.
- Informatica Analyst enables the business to finally engage all the right people in improving data quality.
- Its a powerful data quality development environment
- Discover and access all data sources with Informatica Developer, regardless of whether they’re on premise, with partners, or in the cloud, improving the steps of analyzing, profiling, validating, and cleansing data.
- Capability to combine data quality rules with data transformation logic and ability to conduct profiling even in midstream.
- Enables IT developers to reuse profiling rules from business analysts and data stewards across all applications and projects.
Informatica Administrator :
- Its a familiar browser-based tool providing IT administrators with centralized configuration and deployment capabilities
- Manage services, content, and nodes, including configurations that support grid computing and high availability.
- security and user management—including users, groups, roles, privileges, and permissions—and perform advanced monitoring and logging.