Informatica etl tool is market leader in data integration and data quality services. Informatica is successful ETL and EAI tool with significant industry coverage.
ETL refers to extract, transform, load. Data integration tools are different from other software platforms and languages. They have no inbuilt feature to build user interface where end user can see the transformed data. Informatica etl tool “power center” has capability to manage, integrate and migrate enterprise data.
Around 19 vendors operating in competitive and niche etl space. ab initio, datastage from ibm, talend ( open source ) from telend, sql server integration services (commonly known as siss) from microsoft, oracle warehouse builder from oracle corp, cognos from ibm are few widely used tools.
Why Informatica Etl tool Doing well?
- One of major reason for Informatica etl tool success is its capability of enabling Lean Integration, Lean manufacturing is common concept in manufacturing industry to avoid waste. Informatica also leverage the same integration model.
- High “GO Live” success rate .Informatica claims the highest ration of successful deployment which it says is near 100%. Product rate of renewal and customer loyalty (94% and 92% ) is significant from industry average.
- Easy training and tool availability has made easy resource availability for software industry, where else other etl tools are way behind in this aspect. This definitely helps organization in reducing training costs. Moreover forming a new team for this tool is not as challenging as others.
- Informatica etl is moderate expansive tool, where else tools like ab initio is very expensive which has many added advantages in technical aspect , Same time others etl tools are having there own challenges like ease of use, re-usability , debugging, connectivity which makes informatica as an ideal etl tool.
- Informatica comes with internal scheduler unlike many other etl tools where one need to use third party scheduler. an added advantage for those who are not using enterpriser scheduler. For many organizations taking a proprietary scheduler is not strategic.Specially if module is in POC phase for business.
- Informatica follows mainstream marketing strategy where it leverages paper work, press release, web forums and network community. This provides it leading edge in ETL space. Other ETL players believe more on direct client marketing.
Informatica Etl tool |Power Center 8.6 | Components