Type – Informatica License Management
Tool – Informatica Admin console
Version – 9.x.x
Platform – Windows
Informatica License Management is Informatica Administrator activities.. We all know that we need to upload licenses while installing Informatica. But were you aware that licences may need to be updated at later stages as well.
I am sharing the different License management tasks such as creating and removing licenses, adding Incremental License keys, Assigning services etc and steps to perform them.
As we all know that license is a key that enable you to use your product. They are of two types in Informatica.
Original License Key – This is the key you obtain on purchase of the Informatica or when you enter a contract with Product Company. Informatica version and number of CPUs it support is ideally part of the original license
Incremental License Key – This is an update key for the Original License. For example if you have Informatica 9.5.0 Advanced license and want to add Data Masking option to the existing license, then you can obtain an Incremental key to update the existing license.
Step 1: You Need to Create New License under a domain?
- Login to Informatica Administrator.
- Goto – > Actions – > New -> License.
The below “create license window” will appear on the screen. Upload the license file and give the necessary information to create new License object.
Step2: Now you need to assign services to a new license?
- When you have a new license created, the next step would be assigning Informatica services to the new License.
- Let’s see the steps involved in assigning Informatica services to a new License.
- Disable the Informatica services you want to assign to a new License key.
- Un-assign Informatica services from the old License key.
- Select Old License key -> Go to “Assigned Services tab” (in Right panel) -> Actions -> Edit Assigned Services).
- The below window will appear. It will enable you to unassign the Informatica services from old License.
- Now you need to assign the services – Repeat Step (3) again to assign the Licenses now.
- Please don’t forget, You need to enable the Informatica services now to run them with the new License Key.
Step3: In case key is incremental, then add incremental key?
- Select License Key for which you obtained an Incremental key.
- Go to properties tab (in right panel) -> Actions -> Add Incremental Key.
- Below window will open, Update incremental key file and you are done.
How to remove a License key?
If in case you need to remove old and existing / obsolete License Key. Use steps, Select the License -> Actions (left panel) -> Delete.
Common Errors: Some common Errors you may encounter while handling the Informatica Licenses.
LIC_10025: You will encounter this error if you are trying to assign or un-assign an Informatica service that is in enabled state. So, Disable the Informatica service as a first step to either un-assign the service from legacy License key and assign the service to a new License.
LIC_10028: You will encounter this error if your Incremental License key is not valid or not supporting the existing License.
Do let me know if you have any questions or something you want me to get added here for Informatica license management efforts …