I am not a big fan of UNIX , irrespective of the fact that UNIX is having several advantages and UNIX scripting is powerful. Sharing a bit about UNIX in the form of real life interview questions.
Target audience: DATA management professionals who deals in DW, BI and BIG DATA. having 1 to 3 years of experience and is exposed to pre-production or production environment. Below are not regular UNIX interview questions and suitable for a specific technology (BIDW).
Steps to download answers
25 UNIX INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- What Client tools (terminal emulator / Telnet client) do you use to work on UNIX?
- What GUI tools (SFTP/FTP/SCP client) you have used to work in UNIX?
- What if, your client only allows you to connect with UNIX box with secure connection? Do you know any free GUI tool used in your project?
- How to check the date of a file?
- How to list the file so we can get last file at last?
- How to check the latest file in set of files?
- How to take the backup of the file so the original file data is safe?
- How to remove junk characters from a file in UNIX. Example cntrl m?
- What is folder structure of a project? Explain folder structure of your project?
- One fine day you find out that your loads are failing because files are not available. What will be your course of action?
- How to find a file in same directory?
- How to find a file in all the subdirectory?
- How to do a global file search in UNIX, that means file search in all the places for that UNIX instance?
- If your load takes flat file before a particular timestamp. Then how you will change it so it can be loaded.
- How to identify a UNIX process running in background for any ETL process.
- How to identify and kill a UNIX process running for an ETL process.
- What, if that background process is running hidden. How to find out that.
- Is there any way you can connect with SQLplus through Unix command prompt?
- In what kind of circumstances you need to require connecting to SQLPlus through UNIX when it can be done with GUI like Toad, SQL Developer, and SQLPlus?
- How to verify if your UNIX script is able to connect with database?
- How to capture records returned through database in UNIX script?
- How to place records or error value in log which has returned through Database?
- How to debug a UNIX script?
- How to learn your new project UNIX script and folder structure if you are new to a project?
- What is the most common UNIX script structure do you know? Why do you need to know UNIX script structure?
Hope UNIX real life scenarios will help to manage day by day activity till some extant. more to come ….